Wednesday, May 26, 2010

32-Week Baby Belly

We had our 32-week checkup today. Due in 8 weeks, there's only 6-10 weeks until we meet her! Baby Elanor continues to be healthy. Mommy had a 31" belly measurement, and has gained a total of 23... so far. I miss the flat belly and sleeping on my back and tummy, but baby girl's strong and busy movements are a joy. Wow! Time sure flies!

I'm constantly eating and drinking (water, milk & Silk primarily) to keep up my energy. This is the last week of tutoring at school for the year. Yay! I'll take a week off and then start summer classes which end 2 weeks before my due date. We are working to get ready for her arrival. I still have a lot to do--I hope to complete most of that this first week after work ends.

P.S. Two hours after my bedtime snack I awoke feeling hot, achy--and hungry again. After turning on the fan and stretching, I realized the food I'm craving is cottage cheese! I rarely eat cottage cheese more than once or twice a year. So, in order to avoid a 1:00am trip to Kroger, I made do with milk and salty green olives. Tomorrow I'm going shopping so I can make cottage cheese and pears on a bed of spinach. That sounds ridiculously good right now! (Elanor must think so too, because she is very busy at 1:20am!) Now to attempt sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment